UK five-piece Marmozets, known for their awesome mathsy-grunge rock, have been suspiciously quiet. Since the release of their debut album, The Weird And Wonderful, back in 2014, and the accompanying tour to celebrate the release, news of the Yorkshire band has dried up.
Thankfully, the silence has now been broken, as yesterday Marmozets announced a tour in which they’ll be touring the UK this October. The band had already scheduled a short run of dates later this month, finished up with sets at Reading & Leeds Festivals, so these October dates will come as good news to any fans who missed out on the August tour.
The announcement of new tour dates begs the question: will we have a new Marmozets album to look forward to? I seriously hope so, because I’ve been craving new music from the band for a long time. Plus, I really enjoyed seeing Marmozets perform at Leeds Festival back in 2015, so it would be awesome to see them again. I might have to make the trip back to Bournemouth to catch them at The Old Fire Station. If you’d like to catch the band in October, check out the list of dates here:
- 17/10 – Welly Club, Hull
- 18/10 – Empire, Middlesborough
- 19/10 – Saint Luke’s, Glasgow
- 21/10 – Brudenell Social Club (community room), Leeds
- 22/10 – Academy 3, Manchester
- 23/10 – O2 Academy, Birmingham
- 25/10 – The Garage, London
- 27/10 – Arts Centre, Norwich
- 28/10 – The Fleece, Bristol
- 29/10 – The Old Fire Station, Bournemouth
- 30/10 – Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth
If you want to catch the band on any of these dates, you can buy tickets from 9am on Friday.
Are you hoping to see Marmozets in August or October? Let me know on my Facebook or Twitter page, or in the comment section below this post.